Banana Break Oatmeal
Banana's are the key for everything, and banana bread is even better
- Measuring cup
- Cutting board
- Coconut Bowl
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp chopped walnuts of chocolate (you choose)
- Optional: a drizzle of maple syrup for extra sweetness
- Pour the water in a saucepan and let it boil. Once it boils, add in the rolled oats. Return to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer.
- Mash up 3/4 of the banana (the remainder is used for the topping). Mix in the mashed banana, cinnamon powder and walnuts or chocolate chips.
- Let the oatmeal cook for about 3-5 minutes and once it’s ready, pour it into your coconut bowl. Top off with your desired toppings, I did sliced bananas, walnuts, chocolate, almond butter and banana bread! Serve immediately.
Vinny is a local Vancouver foodie who has a goal to help everyone make and enjoy delicious foods with ease and to be conscious of the amount of meat consumed. She loves crafting new recipes and blogging as well.